Frequently Asked Questions
Especially in recent years, studies on stem cell biology and usage of stem cells for the treatment of many diseases have contributed to regenerative medicine.
Regenerative Medicine is used not only as treatment but also as a protective treatment.
Moreover, it is thought that there is between 500 and 2500-times the number of stem cells in adipose tissue as compared to bone marrow.
Stem cells in the bone marrow are taken with aspiration from back of the pelvic, while stem cells in the adipose tissue are generally taken with a minimal interventional method called mini liposuction in abdominal region. Obtained samples are centrifuged quickly and turned into serum after some laboratory procedures.
Another method is reproduction in culture medium. 10-20 ml bone marrow or sample of adipose tissue in the size of nail are taken. Distilled stem cells are cultured and reproduced throughout 4-6 weeks. They reach millions in number. Stem cell reproduction can only be carried out and applied after getting special permission from Ministry of Health.
Its efficiency and reliability are proved with animal and human studies that have been carried out for years. There are so much literature on this subject.
After this operation, you will need to use crutch for a few weeks. You can improve your recovery process by avoiding movements that can force your knee.
If you are dealing with sports, it will take at least 4 weeks to return to sports, this period can extend depending on recovery time.
After this period, success rate of the repair varies depending on the form of the rupture.
Our cartilage has a lubricious and smooth structure. As we get older, the water inside the joint diminishes and becomes thin. As the water diminishes, cartilage starts to crack and splinter, so that it loses its function and bones start to rub to each other. Bone and articular are eroded and edges of the bones taper. Pain and ache are felt in the joints depending on friction.
There are two important reason of arthrolith: aging and over-weight. Cartilage does not contain blood vessels and cannot reproduce itself after it dies. Stem cells are special cells that can turn into cartilage.
As stem-cell treatment is a day-long, it does not require hospitalization. Obtained stem cells are administered to problematic joints with regional injection. Frequently, injection is applied within 1-2 areas. Although it varies depending on applied method, the patient can go to the home on foot and continue the normal life.
Fibroblasts excrete collagen which provides fullness and elastin which provides flexibility to primary tissues. Throughout aging, number of fibroblasts reduces and this leads to formation of age-related wrinkles.
Autologous fibroblast stem cell treatment is one of the treatments which has gained importance on cosmetic surgery and dermatology in recent years.
Autologous fibroblast has provided plastic surgeons with a new way for treatment of dermal and subcutaneous defects such as wrinkles, chaps, acne scars, scars.
- to remove wrinkles,
- to whiten spots and dark areas,
- to treat unhealed chronic scars,
- in facial rejuvenation treatment carried out with mesotherapy,
- in filling the hollows having formed after diseases like acne and chicken pox,
- in treatment of hollows and scars having formed depending on burn injuries, previous operations and scars,
- for lip augmentation,
- indirectly in the treatment of alopecia,
- in periodontology treatment in dentistry.
PRP is the abbreviation of “Platelet-Rich Plasma”.
Platelets are not stem cells!
In stem cell treatments, cells are taken primarily from adipose tissue, then bone marrow and other tissues, to be used for the treatment. Stem cells can reproduce themselves and turn into various tissue cells. They can repair and rejuvenate every tissue and organ in the body.
PRP treatment is increasingly used for the treatments of various diseases in recent years. In this method, the medicine is prepared with the patient’s own blood.
Platelets cannot turn into cartilage cells, pancreas cells producing glucose, and cannot even reproduce themselves. Platelets are important as they contain more than 500 cells developing hormones and factors. Under normal conditions, platelets do not excrete these hormones outside, in case of a defect in tissue, they excrete hormones to surrounding and support healing, but they cannot replace dead cells.
Briefly, stem cells can turn into dead cartilage, cardiac, kidney, brain cells and can reproduce themselves. However, platelet cannot turn into these cells. Therefore, we can say that stem cells are long lived due to their repair capability.
Stem cells and blood platelets called PRGF in blood excrete growth hormone initiating
- Blood coagulation,
- Tissue healing
- Cell growing, reproduction and rejuvenation, repair of defect tissues and natural healing process.
Aim of the PRGF treatments is to provide blood platelets more than the amount which can be transferred with blood flow to tissue. So that defected tissue is repaired faster and more powerful, and treatment ends earlier, because intensity of blood platelets obtained with PRGF is 1-5 times more than the amount in the blood.
- Muscle, tendon, intraarticular,
- Body cavities,
- Every injured and defected area.
High-concentrated blood platelet solution and growth factors are mostly injected in defected tissue. Left plasma liquid is injected in less defected areas. So that, rejuvenate and healing potential of the body is stimulated.
PRFG treatment is used for
- Muscle rupture and muscle injuries
- Bond ruptures and injuries
- Hernia of the loins
- Cervical disc hernia
- Plantar fasciopathy
- Tennis and golf players’ elbows
- Sprains and crushes
- In the beginning phase of osteonecrosis and avascular necrosis
- Scar and burn injury treatment
- Muscle injuries, muscle-connective tissues adherence
- Derma adherence – Derma thickening
- Atrichiosis treatment.
Ozonotherapy is used for
- Rheumatic Diseases (Arthritis, Calcification, Hernia of the loins, Cervical disc hernia, Meniscus, Connective and Muscle ruptures)
- Vascular Circulation Dysfunction
- Skin Lesions and Skin Ulceration (Psora Scars, Diabetes Scars, Infected Scars, Pressure Sores, Skin Infection, Allergy and Eczema)
- Scar and Burn Injury Treatment
- Gastric and Bowel Abnormalities (Gastritis, Ulcer, Ulcerative Colitis, Enteritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fistulas)
- Infectious Diseases arising from Bacteria and Virus
- Strengthening the immune system
- Respiratory System Diseases (Asthma, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, COPD, Tuberculosis)
- Cardiac Diseases
- Kidney diseases and Urological Diseases (Kidney Infection, Bladder Infection and Urinary Tract Infections, Prostate Disorders)
- Gynecological Diseases (Resistant Genital Infection, Infertility and Supporting in In Vitro Fertilization)
- Aging-related Disorders (General Rejuvenation, Macular Degeneration)
- Neurological Diseases (Headache, Migraine, Alzheimer and Dementia, Neuromuscular diseases like Parkinson, Polyneuropathy, Myotonia, Muscular Dystrophia, Spastic Children, Circulatory Disorder-Related Dizziness Treatment)
- Chronic Fatigue and Stress
- Anti-Aging and Health Aging
- Detox purpose
- Improving Intelligence and Memory
- Additional treatment for carcinogen conditions
- Disinfection, Cleansing and Healing in Dentistry
- Cosmetic purposes.
Ozonotherapy can be applied with
- Major-Blood Purifying
- Minor-intramuscular method
- Administration into body cavities
- Respiration method (to respire ozole gas obtained from ozone gas passed into olive oil)
- As serum infusion
- Administration into intra articular and surrounding
- Glass cup method
- Ozone sauna
- Ozonic oil and water.