Autologous fibroblast cell therapy is one the applications recently become quite important in the field of cosmetic surgery and dermatology
The use of autologous fibroblast in the treatments of dermal and subcutaneous defects, such as wrinkles, cracks marks, acne scars, scars, has opened a new window for plastic surgeons.
SCIENTIFIC ASPECT OF AUTOLOGOUS FIBROBLAST THERAPY
There are cells in our skin and all connective tissues which support and provide a base for the tissues called fibroblasts. These are collagen, hyaluronic acid that gives fullness to the main tissues along with elastin secretions that provides elasticity
As the age increases, the number of fibroblasts decreases and the age-related visible skin wrinkles show up.
Therefore, a fibroblast sample is taken from the skin to change this. Obtained fibroblasts are proliferated in the laboratory environment for 4-6 weeks.
THEY ARE FOUND EVERYWHERE
Fibroblasts are found in all skin and connective tissues.
THEY ARE OBTAINED FROM THE SKIN IN A READY-TO-USE FORM
Fibroblasts can be isolated from the skin and growth culture.
THEIR FUNCTIONS ARE VITAL
Fibroblasts synthesize the structural framework of tissue.
WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT IS IT?
Autologous fibroblast therapy is a revolutionary new treatment option. It is effective in the treatment of skin and eye periphery wrinkles and nasolabial lines/folds.
Individual’s own skin cells are used. Therefore, allergic reactions do not develop and longer-lasting effect is achieved with fewer injections.
WHAT ARE THE USAGE AREAS?
- IN REMOVING WRINKLES ON THE SKIN,
- IN LIGHTENING THE COLOR OF STAINS AND DARK AREAS,
- IN THE TREATMENT OF NON-HEALING CHRONIC WOUNDS,
- IN THE FACIAL REJUVENATION APPLICATION THAT CAN BE CARRIED OUT WITH MESOTHERAPY,
- IN FILLING THE PITS THAT FORM SUCH AFTER ACNE OR CHICKENPOX,
- IN THE TREATMENT OF BURNS, CAVITIES AND SCARS RELATED TO PREVIOUS SURGERY OR TRAUMA,
- IN FILLING THE LIPS,
- INDIRECTLY IN THE TREATMENT OF BALDNESS,
- IN PERIODONTOLOGICAL APPLICATIONS IN DENTISTRY.
HOW IS IT APPLIED?
Its application is simple. A small biopsy sample is taken from the back of the ear for proliferation purposes.
Newly proliferated pure cells are called "fibroblasts". The proliferated fibroblast cells are injected into the problematic wrinkle areas. Fibroblasts synthesize new collagen, strengthen the skin structure and elastin, the skin tightens and thickens with the increase of hyaluronic acid synthesis.
WHEN DO VISIBLE EFFECTS BEGIN?
Visual effects after autologous fibroblast therapy do not develop immediately. They are often noticed after the 2nd injection. It may take 3-6 months to observe the final effects.
HOW LONG DOES ITS EFFECT LAST?
The conducted studies have suggested that its efficacy lasts for 5-6 years.
The fibroblast cells of the individual that are the main cells of connective tissue are proliferated and drawn together using a specific protocol. Fibroblasts are applied to non-healing chronic wounds, starting the process of epithelialisation and regeneration here.
Fibroblasts support the granulation tissue by providing the natural formation of the skin structure.
ADVANTAGES OF AUTOLOGOUS FIBROBLAST
- It is specifically produced for the individual, so the risk of allergy is minimal.
- They do not migrate from the injected area to other regions.
- It is a FDA-approved cellular therapy method.
- It has a permanent and long lasting effect.
- It does not pose a risk of developing animal (cattle, pigs, etc.) disease.
- It is elastic enough.
- It does not involve botox or any filling material component, it is a pure cell solution.
- It does not cause changes in mimics or facial expressions.
- It consists of 2 repeated applications. From this aspect, it supports the wound healing process.
You can find more information about Autologous Fibroblast in our contact page.